Proactive Risk works with corporations, attorneys, private investigators and individuals to uncover digital evidence to support civil, criminal and business investigations. The aim of a digital forensic investigation is to recover information from the seized forensic evidence during a cybercrime investigation.
Our forensic IT investigators use a systematic process to analyze evidence that could be used to support or prosecute an intruder in the courts of law. Forensics investigation could include all or some of the following steps:
- Preparation: It is imperative for the digital forensics analyst to develop and follow stipulated procedures and guidelines for activities connected to computer forensic investigations.
- Identification: At this stage, primary information is identified regarding the cybersecurity incident before the digital evidence is collected. The digital forensic analyst attempts to answer the what, where, how, when, who, and how of the incident.
- Collection and preservation: Here, a search is conducted to acquire the relevant digital evidence and they are marked as an exhibit. The crime scene encompasses all the digital evidence, servers, systems, digital tools, and not just the physical location of the crime. The output for this is the type of crime, source of evidence, devices, media, and events.
Data Breach Investigations :
- Data Breach Assessment Investigation
- Documentation and Prevention
Cyber Security Services :
- Respond To Cyber Attacks
- Stopping Cyber Harassment
Digital Forensics Services :
- Computer Forensics
- Automotive Forensics
- Forensics Accounting.
Intellectual Property Theft :
- Preserve and Report on Digital Evidence Confirming IP Theft.